Student Leadership Institute
To assist young people in the development of their leadership philosophy and skills by exposing them to a biblically-based, practical, multifaceted, year-long program.
Student Leadership Institute, or SLi is our umbrella organization for student leadership. In addition to providing leadership training, it will also incorporate numerous opportunities for the application of this training. This will happen regularly in the form of Campus Connections. Examples of Campus Connections this year include Ambassadors, Lower School, and Food Service.
What different types of meetings are there?
1) Discussion Groups – Three SLi student groups (to be announced at the beginning of the year) will meet separately to think, discuss, and research a current topic. Ultimately, they will form their individual positions on the topic and create and deliver a presentation to other SLi students.
2) Guest Speaker – Sometimes these speakers will visit our campus; sometimes we will visit them. All of SLi will meet together.
3) Campus Connections – These are student-created servant leadership groups on campus within SLi.
4) Leadership Luncheons – These may happen on or off campus and will involve a guest speaker.
5) Leadership Training – All of SLi meet regularly for training.
STUDENT LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION