Parent Service Association
PSA Executive Committee Members
Alisha Meyer – President, email
Michelle Zacarias – Vice President, email
Danielle Griffore – Secretary, email
Malisa Arledge – Treasurer, email
Moms in Prayer – Rolanda Sirmons, email
A WILLINGNESS TO SERVE
What is the Parent Service Association at CCS?
The PSA of CCS is the volunteer arm of the school offering a variety of ways for parents to support their child’s learning environment through service and fellowship. In addition to ongoing programs that aid both the student body and the staff, the PSA also hosts several one-time events throughout the year to increase fellowship among families.
Every parent is a member of the PSA! So, become involved by giving your time and earning your service hours on one of our committees. Indicate below which committee(s) you are interested in serving on and the chairperson will be in contact with you.
Volunteer Placement Opportunities
All Pro Dads
- Join other CCS dads with their children for breakfast and fellowship the first friday of the month. If you are interested in more info contact Scott Meister, email@example.com.
Alumni Connections (2019-2020 School Year)
- Assist for a few hours on a weekly or bi-weekly basis to gather data, maintain data files and connect with past alumni. Help in planning and coordinating strategic alumni events. Contact Liz Myers, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christmas Boutique Committee (December )
- Parents are needed to help wrap gifts in advance of the Boutique (November), set up and tear down, work shifts at the Boutique assisting children in selecting gifts and checking out (December ). Contact Alisha Meyer, email@example.com.
Clothes Closet Committee
- This is a ministry of recycling previously worn uniforms; free for all students.
Volunteers are needed for weekly shifts to organize and sort clothes by item and size. Flexible opportunities. Contact Francesca Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coffee Spot Committee (Wednesdays)
- Always dreamed of being a barista? Coffee Spot is a fellowship opportunity hosted by the PSA every Wednesday morning for parents as they drop off their children. Located by the LS deck, the cart serves free coffee. Join this team of dads and moms who help set up and man the cart from 7:20-8:15 a.m. on Wednesdays. Weekly Wednesday opportunities. Contact Alisha Meyer, email@example.com
Father-Daughter Dance (2019-2020 School Year)
- Join the fathers or father figures and daughters of CCS for a time of fellowship and fun. Volunteer opportunities include helping with decorating, coordinating ticket sales, serving refreshments and preparing take home gift. Contact Monica Jones, Mklein1201@gmail.com.
Moms in Prayer Committee (Bi-Monthly on Thursdays)
- Come as you are and come as you can to pray for our school every other Thursday in our prayer room. Join the team by contacting Rolanda Sirmons, firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Family Connector Committee (Summer-Fall)
- This program consists of connecting a new family with an incoming new family to serve as a “point-of-contact” for welcoming them to the school, answering questions and making introductions. Connector training is provided. Contact Patricia Davis, email@example.com.
Teacher Appreciation Committee (Year-Round)
- Help show some love to our teachers and faculty! Assist in the planning and preparation of appreciation items throughout the year and for our Teacher Appreciation Week. Flexible hours available! Contact Beth Deweese, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valentine’s Day Carnations (February 13-14)
- Assist chairperson in cutting, tagging and bundling carnations for the kids that pre-purchase for their special family and friends. Contact Michelle Zacarias, email@example.com.
Wacky Wednesday Committee (Weekly on Wednesdays)
- You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream! The PSA serves ice cream treats to students each Wednesday during the lunch period in the LS lunchroom. Volunteers needed to serve from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Contact Michelle Rosenberg, Michis2008@gmail.com.
PSA Serve Form