PSA Executive Committee Members
Allison McCoy – President, email@example.com
Alisha Meyer – Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ada Provenzano – Secretary, email@example.com
Chris Martin – Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org
A WILLINGNESS TO SERVE
What is the Parent Service Association at CCS?
The PSA of CCS is the volunteer arm of the school offering a variety of ways for parents to support their child’s learning environment through service and fellowship. In addition to ongoing programs that aid both the student body and the staff, the PSA also hosts several one-time events throughout the year to increase fellowship among families.
Every parent is a member of the PSA! So, become involved by giving your time and earning your service hours on one of our committees. Indicate below which committee(s) you are interested in serving on and the chairperson will be in contact with you.
Volunteer Placement Opportunities
Birthday Bags (Ongoing)
- The PSA recognizes the birthdays of CCS staff members with a token of our appreciation. Volunteers are needed to help coordinate and distribute the gifts which are given on a set day each month. Chairperson: Needed
Christmas Boutique Committee (December 4-7)
- Parents are needed to help wrap gifts in advance of the Boutique (November), set up and tear down, work shifts at the Boutique assisting children in selecting gifts and checking out (December 4-7). Contact: Christmas Boutique Volunteer Coordinator Jessica Johnston, email@example.com.
Clothes Closet Committee
- This is a ministry of recycling previously worn uniforms; free for all students. Volunteers are needed for weekly shifts to organize and sort clothes by item and size. Flexible opportunities. Contact: Rolanda Simmons, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coffee Spot Committee (Wednesdays)
- Always dreamed of being a barista? Coffee Spot is a fellowship opportunity hosted by the PSA every Wednesday morning for parents as they drop off their children. Located by the LS deck, the cart serves free coffee. Join this team of dads and moms who help set up and man the cart from 7:20-8:15 a.m. on Wednesdays. Weekly Wednesday opportunities. Contact: Liza Garcia, email@example.com.
Dad’s Day Committee (April)
- Join other CCS dads with their children for food, fellowship and fun at a local park. Help needed prior to the event to coordinate food and games. Contact: Scott Meister, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grandparent’s Day Committee (March 29)
- Assist chairperson in planning, coordinating, and implementing this Spring program for Kindergarten through 6th Grade. Contact: Michelle Zacarias, email@example.com.
Fall Football Tailgate Committee (September TBD)
- Helping to kick off the school year and football season is a school-wide tailgate party prior to a home game, sponsored by PSA. Volunteers needed to help with the planning beginning in end of July-August timeframe as well as work the event the day of the game. Contact: Chris Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flick on the Field Committee (October/November)
- Families are in for a “reel” good time at our free movie night on the CCS back field. Volunteer opportunities include help with planning event details and helping to serve food that night. Contact: Chairperson Needed.
Ladies’ Tea Committee (March)
- Join the women and girls of CCS in a celebration of Spring on March 4. Volunteer opportunities include helping organize the event, coordinating ticket sales, planning the decorations and serving as table hostesses at the event. Contact: Claudia George, email@example.com.
Moms in Prayer Committee (Bi-Monthly on Thursdays)
- Come as you are and come as you can to pray for our school every other Thursday in our prayer room. Join the team by contacting: Kim Wiezycki, firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Family Connector Committee (Summer-Fall)
- This program consists of connecting a new family with an incoming new family to serve as a “point-of-contact” for welcoming them to the school, answering questions and making introductions. Connector training is provided. Contact: Michelle Benoist, email@example.com.
Teacher Appreciation Committee (Year-Round)
- Help show some love to our teachers and faculty! Assist in the planning and preparation of appreciation items throughout the year and for our Teacher Appreciation Week February 19-23. Flexible hours available! Contact: Beth Deweese, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wacky Wednesday Committee (Weekly on Wednesdays)
- You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream! The PSA serves ice cream treats to students each Wednesday during the lunch period in the LS lunchroom. Volunteers needed to serve from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Contact: Michelle Sterling, email@example.com.