Congratulations to Mrs. Kimberly Phinney, our English Department Head and AP English instructor. She has been given The Claes Nobel Educator of Distinction award in recognition of her impact as an educator, leader, and role model. The Claes Nobel Educator of Distinction program is named for Claes Nobel, senior member of the family that established the Nobel Prizes. Mrs. Phinney was nominated by her previous creative writing student, Sophia Roden. Sophia wrote, “Mrs. Phinney is a beloved high school educator who has taught her students how to see deeper meanings in literature for years… she instantly connected with me and mentored me as she has with countless students at our school. She is incredible at building meaningful relationships with students all while preparing them… I miss Mrs. Phinney dearly and…the students who get to have their minds shaped by this wonderful educator…” With this prized distinction, Mrs. Phinney can now compete for the NSHSS Teacher of the Year, as well as apply for school and classroom grants.
- CCS GIRLS XC TEAM #1 IN STATE IN ALL CLASSIFICATIONS!In News - SchoolCongratulations to the CCS Lancers Varsity Girls Cross […]
- Back to School Bash!In News - SchoolSave the Date for our welcome back bash on Monday, […]
- The Way Back to Ourselves: How Parents, Teachers, and Leaders Can Make Meaningful Change in the Lives of the Young People We LoveIn Lancer Blog, News - SchoolPart One: The Problem An Introduction “It is easier to […]
- Junior Olivia Elliott Named 2021 FACA District 15 2A Player of the YearIn News - School
- Ellie Lundquist and Ella Moss Qualify for the National Chemistry Olympiad ExamIn News - SchoolCongratulations to both Ellie Lundquist and Ella Moss […]