Did you know that over 30 million Americans experience a clinically significant eating disorder during their lifetime? Eating disorders have the highest mortality of any mental illness. Education and awareness are key, especially during the adolescent years when body image is being formed. This important issue was addressed this week when alumna (and daughter to LS Art Teacher Sharon Lutz) Sara Dreier ‘12 shared her struggle and recovery from an eating disorder with some of our students leading up to Eating Disorder Awareness Week. We are so proud of her willingness to share her story and excited in how the Lord has brought her full circle with a platform to help others as a Clinical Outreach Specialist for the Center for Discovery. For more information or resources please contact the Center For Discovery or the Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness.
- Back to School Bash 2019!In News - School, UncategorizedBACK TO SCHOOL BASH! *Campus store will be open! […]
- Making the Most of Your SummerIn Lancer BlogTen years of experience in Guidance & College […]
- Jordyn Teasdale Accepted into Prestigious SCAD Rising Stars ProgramIn News - SchoolCongratulations to Jordyn Teasdale, a rising senior […]
- Adam Fernandez Named Scholar FinalistIn News - SchoolCongratulations to senior Adam Fernandez for being […]
- Ben Gibbs Named Scholar SemifinalistIn News - SchoolCongratulations to senior Ben Gibbs for being named a […]