Did you know that over 30 million Americans experience a clinically significant eating disorder during their lifetime? Eating disorders have the highest mortality of any mental illness. Education and awareness are key, especially during the adolescent years when body image is being formed. This important issue was addressed this week when alumna (and daughter to LS Art Teacher Sharon Lutz) Sara Dreier ‘12 shared her struggle and recovery from an eating disorder with some of our students leading up to Eating Disorder Awareness Week. We are so proud of her willingness to share her story and excited in how the Lord has brought her full circle with a platform to help others as a Clinical Outreach Specialist for the Center for Discovery. For more information or resources please contact the Center For Discovery or the Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness.
- Biblical Studies at CCSIn Lancer BlogCCS has a very important goal, central to educational […]
- Protecting Teens from Technology VampiresIn Lancer Blog, UncategorizedProtecting the Hearts and Minds of Students You taught […]
- 43215In News - SchoolCongratulations to Division 1 athlete Latanna Stone on […]
- Summer Enrichment 2019In News - SchoolClick HERE to register and to view our Summer […]
- Fall Sports Wrap Up!In Lancer Blog, News - AthleticsVolleyball: Varsity volleyball enjoyed a bounce back […]